SERVICE SITE PARTNERSHIPS
Each year, Volunteer Maryland partners with up to 30 nonprofits, schools and government agencies to recruit, train, and supervise a Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps Member. Together, sites and Volunteer Maryland, recruit in search of a candidate to fill the role as AmeriCorps Member at your organization. These dual partnerships are funded through the Corporation for National and Community Service. Does your organization address a community need? Your organization may benefit from our partnership! Also, Volunteer Maryland is hosting 1 hour information sessions throughout Maryland to share about the opportunities of being a partner organization and leveraging your volunteer program. It is extremely encouraged that sites who are applying for our AmeriCorps program attend one of these events. This is a great opportunity to meet with us, discuss, and Q&A. Application deadline for the 2019-2020 Service Year is March 9, 2019.
APPLICATION AVAILABLE Now! Download Doc Here. New Sites sign up for an infosession below!
‘Leverage your Volunteer Program, Be A Strategic Partner with Volunteer Maryland’!
Event description: Leverage, Lunch, and Learn! Volunteer Maryland and its partners mobilize community volunteers to address critical community needs. Discover how a strategic partnership with Volunteer Maryland can strengthen your volunteer program and increase community engagement. Volunteer Maryland place AmeriCorps Members who serve as Volunteer Coordinators full time for 11 months. During the day you will assess the needs of your volunteer program, discover resource information regarding how a full time Volunteer Coordinator can help support your volunteer program, and enjoy lunch thanks to Rural Maryland Council who will also be joining us during our face-to-face information sessions to provide details on grant opportunities that support matching funds for qualifying applicants! (webinar dates coming soon!)
Limited Space Available – click below to register for one of our free info-sessions!
Questions or want to schedule a private conference call? Email Outreach Manager Nathan Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefit of having a VM AmeriCorps Member
- Full Time 40 hour per week AmeriCorps Member for an 11 month period
- Dedicated to serving your organization as a Volunteer Coordinator
- Build Capacity
- Increase Retention
- Establish/improve on policy and procedures, recognition materials and more within your organization.
2018-2019 Current Service Sites
The following are VM’s 31st class of 2018-2019 Volunteer Maryland Service Sites. They are currently hosting an AmeriCorps member to serve as a Volunteer Coordinator who will engage volunteers to work toward addressing critical community needs! Listed are the Service Site and County.
- Adkins Arboretum – Caroline County
- Anne Arundel Forestry Board – Anne Arundel County
- Arlington Echo (Anne Arundel County Public Schools) – Anne Arundel County
- Chesapeake Cares Food Pantry – Calvert County
- Deep Roots Inc – Cecil County
- Druid Heights Community Development Corporation – Baltimore City
- Elms Environmental Education Center – St. Mary’s County
- Friends of Carrie Murray – Baltimore City
- Garrett County Community Action Committee – Garrett County
- Hospice Caring Inc. – Montgomery county
- Human Services Programs – Carroll County
- Laurel Advocacy and Referral Services – Prince George’s County
- Laurel Highlands Council (Boy Scouts of America) – Allegany County
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Services – Baltimore City
- Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office – Montgomery County
- Partners in Care Inc. – Frederick County
- Pigtown Main Street Inc. – Baltimore City
- Safe Alternative Foundation for Education – Baltimore City
- Seeds 4 Success – Anne Arundel County
- Senior Legal Services – Baltimore City
- Stepping Stones Shelter – Montgomery County
- The Arc of Southern Maryland – Calvert County
- The Samaritan Woman – Baltimore City
- The Seed School of Maryland – Baltimore City
- The Ulman Cancer Fund – Baltimore City
- Tuckahoe Habitat for Humanity – Caroline County
- UMB CURE Scholars Program – Baltimore City