SERVICE SITE PARTNERSHIPS
Each year, Volunteer Maryland partners with up to 30 nonprofits, schools and government agencies to recruit, train, and supervise a Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps Member. Together, sites and Volunteer Maryland, recruit in search of a candidate to fill the role as AmeriCorps Member at your organization. These dual partnerships are funded through the Corporation for National and Community Service. Does your organization address a community need? Your organization may benefit from our partnership! Also, Volunteer Maryland is hosting 1 hour information sessions throughout Maryland to share about the opportunities of being a partner organization and leveraging your volunteer program. It is extremely encouraged that sites who are applying for our AmeriCorps program attend one of these events. This is a great opportunity to meet with us, discuss, and Q&A. Interested in applying? Download Application.
Steps to partner:
- Please contact Outreach Manager Nathan Cabrera at Nathan.Cabrera@maryland.gov for an intro call and/or application.
- Consider registering for ‘Leverage your Volunteer Program, Be A Strategic Partner with Volunteer Maryland’! Register Here.
- Submit Application by March 5, 2021.
‘Leverage your Volunteer Program, Be A Strategic Partner with Volunteer Maryland’!
Event description: Volunteer Maryland and its partners mobilize community volunteers to address critical community needs. Discover how a strategic partnership with Volunteer Maryland can strengthen your volunteer program and increase community engagement. Volunteer Maryland place AmeriCorps Members who serve as Volunteer Coordinators full time for 11 months. During the day you will assess the needs of your volunteer program and discover resource information regarding how a full time Volunteer Coordinator can help support your volunteer program. In addition, Rural Maryland Council will provide details on grant opportunities that support matching funds for qualifying applicants and Maryland Heritage Area Programs will be sharing their grant information for projects in heritage tourism/ education/environment for qualifying organizations!
Infosession Dates: Register Here
|January 21 10am – noon|
|January 28 10am – noon|
|February 18 10am – noon|
|February 25 10am – noon|
Download application now. Due March 5, 2021.
- Full Time 40 hour per week AmeriCorps Member for an 11 month period
- Dedicated to serving your organization as a Volunteer Coordinator
- Build Capacity within your Volunteer Program
- Increase Retention
- Establish/improve on policy and procedures, recognition materials and more within your organization
We have concluded our AmeriCorps recruitment for members at this time. Interested in becoming a Site? At this time please email Nathan.Cabrera@maryland.gov for more information.
- Arlington Echo
- Bridges to Housing Stability
- Central Baltimore Partnership
- Community Advocacy for Families and Youth
- Community Support Systems Inc
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of PG County
- Crisfield Arts and Entertainment
- Girl Scouts of Maryland
- Housing Authority of Baltimore
- InterFaith Partners for the Chesapeake
- Literacy Council of Montgomery County
- Maryland Emergency Management Agency – Baltimore County
- Maryland Environmental Trust – Anne Arundel County
- Project Plase
- Sassafras – Eastern Shore Land Conservancy – Kent County
- Seeds for Success
- Senior Legal Services – Baltimore City
- TESS – Community Action Agency of Montgomery County
- There Goes My Hero– Baltimore County
- UMB CURE Scholars Program – Baltimore City