Each year, Volunteer Maryland partners with up to 30 nonprofits, schools, and government agencies to recruit, train, and supervise a Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps Member. Together, sites and Volunteer Maryland, recruit in search of a candidate to fill the role as AmeriCorps Member at your organization. These dual partnerships are funded through AmeriCorps.
- Does your organization utilize volunteers to address a community need?
- Does your organization’s services align with AmeriCorps focus areas? See list.
- Schedule a call if you need support and have questions. (443-346-0615)
- Apply Now. Applications due March 3, 2023. Please contact Nathan J Cabrera at email@example.com if you intend to apply. To view a pdf version of the application to use as a reference, copy and paste this url. http://volunteer.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2022/12/VM36-2022-23-Service-Site-Application-Web-Form.pdf
- Consider attending one of our upcoming infosessions! Details below.
Leverage Your Volunteer Program – Partner with Volunteer Maryland – AmeriCorps members Get Things Done
Event description: Volunteer Maryland and its partners mobilize community volunteers to address critical community needs. Discover how a strategic partnership with Volunteer Maryland can strengthen your volunteer program and increase community engagement. Volunteer Maryland place AmeriCorps Members who serve as Volunteer Coordinators full time for 11 months. During the day you will assess the needs of your volunteer program and discover resource information regarding how a full time Volunteer Coordinator can help support your volunteer program. In addition, Rural Maryland Council will provide details on grant opportunities that support matching funds for qualifying applicants. Maryland Heritage Area Programs will also be sharing their grant information for projects in heritage tourism/ education/environment for qualifying organizations! This is an infosession you don’t want to miss!
Your organization may benefit from a partnership with VM!
Service Site Benefits
- Full Time AmeriCorps Member (40 hour per week) for an 11-month period dedicated to serving your organization as a Volunteer Coordinator
- Build Capacity within your Volunteer Program to increase effectiveness and efficiency within your volunteer program
- Increase Retention among your volunteers
- Establish/improve on policy and procedures, recognition materials and more within your organization
2023-24 Services Site – Could be you!
2022-23 Service Sites
- Anne Arundel County Forestry Board
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools – Arlington Echo
- Baltimore City Recreation and Parks
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Baltimore
- Conflict Resolution Center of Montgomery County
- Fair Hill Nature Center
- Interfaith Partners of the Chesapeake
- Justice Jobs of Maryland
- Literacy Council of Montgomery County
- Little Portion Farm
- Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office
- So What Else?
- Stella Girls
- The Community Ecology Institute
- Touchstones Discussion Project
- University of Maryland Baltimore CURE Scholars Program