Each year, Volunteer Maryland partners with nonprofits, schools, and government agencies to recruit, train, and supervise a Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps Member. Together, sites and Volunteer Maryland search for an individual to fill this unique role as AmeriCorps Member at your organization where they will serve as a Volunteer Coordinator utilizing their skills to build capacity and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the site’s volunteer program. These dual partnerships are funded through AmeriCorps.
Service Site Benefits
- Trained AmeriCorps Member (40 hour per week and 20 hour per week options) for an 11-month period dedicated to serving your organization as a Volunteer Coordinator with additional training and support provided. Service Year 2024-25 is September 11 2024 – July 29, 2025.
- Build Capacity within your Volunteer Program to increase effectiveness and efficiency within your volunteer program. Increase the number of volunteers within your network.
- Increase Retention among your volunteers
- Establish/improve on policy and procedures, outreach material, recognition materials and more within your organization
What organizations can apply?
- Does your organization utilize volunteers to address a community need?
- Does your organization’s services align with AmeriCorps focus areas? See list.
- Schedule a call if you need support and have questions. Contact Nathan J Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-346-0615 if you intend to apply.
- Complete Application. It’s highly encouraged to complete the application by the deadline of March 8, 2024. Applications will be reviewed and approved on a rolling basis after the deadline, however we are limited on the number of sites we can approve!
Priority will be given to applications that demonstrate the following:
In-person service: Site provides on-site/in person services that member will be supporting.
Supervision: Site employs two or more on-site staff members to provide member supervision & support.
Physical location: Site has a physical office location where member will serve (site visits are performed for new sites)
Direct Service: Site’s volunteer activities and program needs are clear and measurable.
Volunteer Maryland is hosting information sessions throughout Maryland to share about the opportunities of being a partner organization and leveraging your volunteer program. It is extremely encouraged that sites who are applying for our AmeriCorps program attend one of these events. This is a great opportunity to meet with us, discuss, and Q&A.
‘Leverage your Volunteer Program, Be A Strategic Partner with Volunteer Maryland’!
Event description: Volunteer Maryland and its partners mobilize community volunteers to address critical community needs. Discover how a strategic partnership with Volunteer Maryland can strengthen your volunteer program and increase community engagement. Volunteer Maryland place AmeriCorps Members who serve as Volunteer Coordinators for 11 months. During the day you will assess the needs of your volunteer program and discover resource information regarding how a full time Volunteer Coordinator can help support your volunteer program. In addition, Rural Maryland Council will provide details on grant opportunities that support matching funds for qualifying applicants and Maryland Heritage Area Programs will be sharing their grant information for projects in heritage tourism/ education/environment for qualifying organizations!
|10:00am to 11:30am
|Virtual Volunteer Maryland and Rural Maryland Council
Your organization may benefit from a partnership with VM!
Recruiting 2024-25 Services Sites NOW! Complete Application
2023-24 Current Services Sites
- Baltimore County Government – Department of Aging
- City of Refuge Baltimore
- Corner Team, Inc
- Fair Hill Nature Center
- Gunpowder Riverkeepers Inc
- Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc
- Junior Achievement of Greater Washington
- Little Portion Farm
- Mid Shore Community Mediation Center
- Paul’s Place
- The Parents’ Place of Maryland
- TurnAround, Inc