SERVICE SITE PARTNERSHIPS
Each year, Volunteer Maryland partners with up to 30 nonprofits, schools and government agencies to recruit, train, and supervise a Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps Member. Together, sites and Volunteer Maryland, recruit in search of a candidate to fill the role as AmeriCorps Member at your organization. These dual partnerships are funded through the Corporation for National and Community Service. Does your organization address a community need? Your organization may benefit from our partnership! Also, Volunteer Maryland is hosting 1 hour information sessions throughout Maryland to share about the opportunities of being a partner organization and leveraging your volunteer program. It is extremely encouraged that sites who are applying for our AmeriCorps program attend one of these events. This is a great opportunity to meet with us, discuss, and Q&A. Interested in applying? Please contact Outreach Manager Nathan Cabrera at Nathan.Cabrera@maryland.gov Download Application.
Application Deadline for New Sites – March 6, 2020.
‘Leverage your Volunteer Program, Be A Strategic Partner with Volunteer Maryland’!
Event description: Leverage, Lunch, and Learn! Volunteer Maryland and its partners mobilize community volunteers to address critical community needs. Discover how a strategic partnership with Volunteer Maryland can strengthen your volunteer program and increase community engagement. Volunteer Maryland place AmeriCorps Members who serve as Volunteer Coordinators full time for 11 months. During the day you will assess the needs of your volunteer program, discover resource information regarding how a full time Volunteer Coordinator can help support your volunteer program, and enjoy lunch thanks to Rural Maryland Council who will also be joining us during our face-to-face information sessions to provide details on grant opportunities that support matching funds for qualifying applicants!
Event Days for Leverage, Lunch and Learns: Register Now!
|Date||Location (click the corresponding links below to register|
|Thursday January 16, 2020 ; 11am to 1pm||TBA|
|Thursday January 23, 2020 ; 11am to 1pm||Nonprofit Institute at College of Southern Maryland|
|Thursday January 30, 2020 ; 11am to 1pm||Allegany College|
|Thursday February 6, 2020 ; 11am to 1pm||Carroll Nonprofit Center|
|Thursday February 20, 2020 ; 11am to 1pm||MD Nonprofits|
Webinar dates coming soon! Updated 11/7/2019
Benefit of having a VM AmeriCorps Member
- Full Time 40 hour per week AmeriCorps Member for an 11 month period
- Dedicated to serving your organization as a Volunteer Coordinator
- Build Capacity within your Volunteer Program
- Increase Retention
- Establish/improve on policy and procedures, recognition materials and more within your organization
2019 – 2020 Service Sites
- Anne Arundel Forestry Board – Anne Arundel County
- Break A Difference – Baltimore City
- Caring Matters – Montgomery County
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) – Prince George’s County
- Community Action Agency of Montgomery County – Montgomery County
- Garrett County Community Action Committee – Garrett County
- Langton Green Inc. – Anne Arundel County
- Maryland Environmental Trust – Anne Arundel County
- Maryland Emergency Management Agency – Baltimore County
- Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office – Montgomery County
- SEEC – Montgomery County –
- Sassafras – Eastern Shore Land Conservancy – Kent County
- Senior Legal Services – Baltimore City
- The Franciscan Center – Baltimore City
- There Goes My Hero– Baltimore County
- UMB CURE Scholars Program – Baltimore City
- Warrior Canine Connection – Montgomery County
2020-2021 Service Sites…now searching!