Each year, Volunteer Maryland partners with up to 30 nonprofits, schools, and government agencies to recruit, train, and supervise a Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps Member. Together, sites and Volunteer Maryland, recruit in search of a candidate to fill the role as AmeriCorps Member at your organization. These dual partnerships are funded through AmeriCorps.
- Does your organization utilize volunteers to address a community need?
- Does your organization’s services align with AmeriCorps focus areas? See list.
- Schedule a call if you need support and have questions. (443-346-0615)
- Apply Now. Please contact Nathan J Cabrera at email@example.com if you intend to apply. We are limited on the number of sites we can approve! To view a pdf version of the application to use as a reference, click here or copy and paste this url. http://volunteer.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2022/12/VM36-2022-23-Service-Site-Application-Web-Form.pdf
Priority will be given to applications that demonstrate the following:
- In-person service: Site provides on-site/in person services that member will be supporting.
- Supervision: Site employs two or more on-site staff members to provide member supervision & support.
- Physical location: Site has a physical office location where member will serve (site visits are performed for new sites)
- Direct Service: Site’s volunteer activities and program needs are clear and measurable.
Your organization may benefit from a partnership with VM!
Service Site Benefits
- Full Time AmeriCorps Member (40 hour per week) for an 11-month period dedicated to serving your organization as a Volunteer Coordinator
- Build Capacity within your Volunteer Program to increase effectiveness and efficiency within your volunteer program
- Increase Retention among your volunteers
- Establish/improve on policy and procedures, recognition materials and more within your organization
What else does an AmeriCorps member do at my site?
2023-24 Current Services Sites seeking AmeriCorps members
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools – Arlington Echo
- Baltimore City Recreation and Parks
- Baltimore County Government – Department of Aging
- Break a Difference
- City of Refuge Baltimore
- Conflict Resolution Center of Montgomery County
- Corner Team, Inc
- Druid Heights Community Development Corporation
- Fair Hill Nature Center
- Gunpowder Riverkeepers Inc
- Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc
- Junior Achievement of Greater Washington
- Justice Jobs of Maryland
- Literacy Council of Montgomery County
- Little Portion Farm
- Maryland Environmental Trust
- Mid Shore Community Mediation Center
- Paul’s Place
- The Parents’ Place of Maryland
- Pure Play Everyday
- Seeds for Success
- TurnAround, Inc