BE A PARTNER
Application for the 2019-2020 service year will be available in ‘Winter 2018.’
SERVICE SITE PARTNERSHIPS
Each year, Volunteer Maryland partners with up to 30 nonprofits, schools and government agencies to recruit, train, and supervise a Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps Member. Together, sites and Volunteer Maryland, recruit in search of a candidate to fill the role as AmeriCorps Member at your organization. These dual partnerships are funded through the Corporation for National and Community Service. Does your organization address a community need? Your organization may benefit from our partnership! Also, Volunteer Maryland is hosting 1 hour information sessions throughout Maryland to share about the opportunities of being a partner organization and leveraging your volunteer program. It is extremely encouraged that sites who are applying for our AmeriCorps program attend one of these events. This is a great opportunity to meet with us, discuss, and Q&A.
‘Leverage your Volunteer Program, Be A Strategic Partner with Volunteer Maryland’ Limited Space Available!
Event description: Volunteer Maryland and its partners mobilize community volunteers to address critical community needs. Discover how a strategic partnership with Volunteer Maryland can strengthen your volunteer program and increase community engagement. Volunteer Maryland place AmeriCorps Members who serve as Volunteer Coordinators full time for 11 months. Also, joining us during our face-to-face information sessions is Rural Maryland Council to provide details on grant opportunities to support matching funds for qualifying applicants!
Questions? Email Outreach Manager Nathan Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefit of having a VM AmeriCorps
Full time 40 hour per week AmeriCorps Member for an 11 month period dedicated to serving your organization as a volunteer coordinator to increase volunteer capacity, retention, establish/improve on policy and procedures, recognition materials and more within your organization.
2018-2019 Service Year Partners to be announced soon!
2017-18 Service Year Partners
- Anne Arundel County Forestry Board
- Calvert Cash
- Carroll County Forestry Board
- Chesapeake Cares Food Pantry
- Comprehensive Housing Assistance Inc (CHAI)
- Conflict Resolution Center of Montgomery County
- Crossroads Community Inc.
- Deep Roots Inc.
- Eden Mill Nature Committee
- End Hunger in Calvert County Warehouse
- Friends of Carrie Murray Nature Center
- Habitat for Humanity Choptank Inc.
- Hospice Caring Inc.
- Housing Options and Planning Enterprises Inc. (H.O.P.E.)
- LifeStyles of Maryland Foundation
- Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area
- Montgomery County MD Community Action Agency
- Olney Home for Life
- Pigtown Main Street
- Seed School of Maryland
- So What Else
- South Baltimore Learning Center
- St. Francis Neighborhood Center
- St. Mary’s County Public Schools / Elms Environmental Education Center
- Stepping Stones Shelter
- The Colleen Perkins-Bailey Project for Kidney Disease
- The Samaritan Women
- The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults